Check Out These Romance Reader Events and Book Festivals Happening Across the Country!
If you enjoy reading romantic fiction as much as I do, you could probably easily spend hours (or days) with your head buried in books, not speaking to a solitary soul. Writers of romance find themselves in a similar situation. Heads bent over the computer and fingers flying across the keys. Our heads buried in novels and craft books as much as our schedules will allow.
Reading and writing can be very solitary activities. However, in the last few years, I’ve discovered the joy of getting out and meeting other readers and writers–my tribe.
If you’re an avid reader of romance, they’re probably your tribe, too. A little more than a week ago I had the privilege of leading off a panel discussion on writing contemporary romance. The other participating authors? Talented and prolific authors Samantha Chase and Marquita Valentine. Yep, still pinching myself that I got to be counted with these two fabulous authors.
During the next month and beyond I’ll also be participating in several more reader events, listed below:
- Celebrating Our Local Stars of Romance Fiction at the Barnes & Noble in Cary, North Carolina on Friday, April 21st at 7 PM
- Los Angeles Times Festival of Books at the USC University Park Campus on April 22-23. I’m a panelist in the Romance: I’m Too Sexy for This Book conversation.
- RT Booklovers Convention in Atlanta, Georgia from May 2-7
- Make a Date with Harlequin Booksigning (at RT) on Thursday, May 4th at 8:30 – 9:45 AM
- North Carolina Romance Writers Festival on May 28th from 2-5 PM
- Lights! Camera! Action! Girls Night Out on August 25th 6 – 10 PM
- Lights! Camera! Action! Arts Festival on August 26th 10 – 5 PM
- Believable Characters / Secondary Characters Writers Workshop on October 14th 9 AM to 4PM — tentative date & time, Washington, NC
I’m thrilled to be participating in these events. In addition to booksignings there will be lively discussions about the romance genre and its impact on us as readers. So if you’re local to (or an easy drive from) one of these events, I hope you’ll come out and join us.
One more thing…
Thank you if you read Playing with Desire, Playing by the Rules or Baby Be Mine and were kind enough to leave a review. If you’ve enjoyed any of these stories and haven’t already, I’d love it if you’d leave an honest review on Amazon, Goodreads, Barnes & Noble, iTunes or Harlequin. This helps other readers find them, too.
One last thing…
Next month I’ll be running my second quarter giveaway, and it’s going to be a good one, so stay tuned for that email in the coming weeks!